Getting into the flow of writing for business takes a certain group of qualities.  You need to be ready to listen for ideas when they come, and to take action on them right away so they don't fly off and live somewhere else.  Having a set routine for your writing sets you up to be in the right state of being.  

Taking notes on projects while speaking with potential clients is always an invaluable tool for me.  When the juices start to flow, only the written word can keep track!  Then, afterward, I think about what the client is going to need from me, the ideas we have shared.  I step out of the project and look at it from all angles.  What's the real objective here?  This is one of the questions I ask as I begin to frame the way to present what the brand is about.

I might be laying down to relax for a few minutes in between writing sessions, when suddenly the exact word or concept that is needed for the current work comes to me and I have to get up and put it into the text so it stays fresh and I don't run the risk of forgetting this brilliant idea!

How does having a set routine work?  It could be having the time of day that you do your writing always be the same. For some, variation between times is a better choice, to give the energy fo work a different rhythm. 

The most important thing is to put yourself into a state that makes what you are doing enjoyable and gives you a feeling of accomplishment, feeling like what you are doing is fun.  If you are dragging yourself over to the keyboard, it's not likely you'll be pleased with what you produce.

Some people tell me they feel they "should" write but they hate doing it.  That's okay.  Not everybody is a writer, or needs to be.  You might have just tons of great ideas and putting them into written form seems too overwhelming.  You judge yourself for not being a language expert, or say your grammar is bad, or any number of other things.  So it doesn't get done.

Yet you feel somehow like you are letting yourself down by not doing something that you really don't like to do!  Please do not do this to yourself.

Do you have notes, scribbles, pages perhaps, that just don't seem to want to cooperate with what you have in your mind?  These contain treasure.  I'm here to put things together for you and get it done. 

 

 

 




Visit my web site  

and see what I am offering for writer support.

All my best,

Always,

Betty
 





Comments